Here are some resources to help plan you stay at camp
- 2019 Reservation Form
- Camp Chawanakee Map
- 2019 Reservation Chart
- 2019 Camp Leaders Guide
- Medical Form
- New Week 8 for 2019
Cost of camp and payments for 2019
Deposit: $100 / Patrol Site
Due when you reserve to come to camp.
1st payment: $100 per person (both Scout and Adult) coming to camp.
Due January 15th 2019
2nd Payment: $100 per person (both Scout and Adult) coming to camp.
Due March 15th 2019
Final Numbers: This is your last chance to lower your numbers. You can still increase your numbers and pay your balance owed at camp during check in.
- Week 1 June 09- 15 2019 — May 17 2019
- Week 2 June 16 – 22 2019 — May 24 2019
- Week 3 June 23 – 29 2019 — May 31 2019
- Week 4 June 30 – July 6 2019 — June 7 2019
- Week 5 July 7 – 13 2019 — June 14 2019
- Week 6 July 14 – 20 2019 — June 21 2019
- Week 7 July 21 – 27 2019 — June 28 2019
- Week 8 July 28 – August 3 2019 — July 5 2019
When you make reservations for the summer, be conservative. Example: if you plan to bring 12 youth and 2 adults, perhaps you should indicate to the Camp that you will be bringing 10 youth and 2 adults and pay for these 10 youths and 2 adults. Right up to the day you arrive at Camp, you may add youth and adults. So, if you arrive at Camp with 12 youth and 3 adults; that is perfectly fine. You may pay these fees at arrival. Caution: if you bring a surprising 10 extra youth, you are wise to phone the Council office with a heads up. Conversely, if you indicate you are bringing 12 youth and 2 adults (fully paid or not) and you arrive at Camp with only 10 youth, we cannot make a refund. If not yet fully paid, you will be responsible to pay full fees. These fees cannot be pushed into the next camping year. If a site is overbooked we will not move tents. What we will do is issue your unit pop-up tents to use for that week. If checked out tents are returned damaged the troop/crew is financially responsible for replacing it. Bringing a few of your own tents for extra equipment etc. is always a good idea. Shade structures are also a good idea.
If your unit cancels its reservation and does not come to Camp Chawanakee all money paid is forfeited. You must submit a letter of cancellation to the Fresno Scout Office to let us know that your Troop/Crew isn’t coming. Please note this is for the entire Troop/Crew, if you are reducing numbers this does not apply unless you are dropping after the final payment deadline. There are NO REFUNDS at Camp Chawanakee. You may transfer funds from one Scout/Venturer and adults/leaders to another however. For further questions about refunds contact the Scout Executive / CEO John Richers.
We are establishing a new and exciting program for the last week of the camp season at Camp Chawanakee for 2019. Regular troops will be joined by half week troops and Scouts/Venturers and by families. Here are the details.
- Regular Scout Troops can sign up for campsites and camp just as any other week of the summer camp season.
- Troops/Scouts can sign up for half week sessions, either Session A. Sunday to Wednesday morning or Session B from Wednesday afternoon to Saturday morning. The Troop can come as a unit or individual Scouts may sign up for a “Baden Powell” Troop which will be staffed by adult camp staff.
- Families may come and camp with other families at Camp Chawanakee in the main camp area and enjoy an activity each morning and open programming each afternoon. Families will take meals in the dining hall and cook each lunch at their campsite. Full week or half week available for families.
|Scout Troop/Crew Youth||$ 355||$ 410|
|Scout Troop/Crew Leaders||$ 205||$ 220|
|Baden Powell Provisional||$ 444||$ 500|
|Families -Parent||$ 185||$ 185|
|Families -Child under 11||$ 255||$ 225|
|Families -Child 11 and over||$ 355||$ 355|
|Families -Child 5 and under||Free||Free|
| Half Week – in or out of
Council – same price!
| July 28-31
| July 31-Aug 3
|Scout Troop/Crew Youth||$ 177||$ 177|
|Scout Troop/Crew-Leaders||$ 102||$ 102|
|Baden Powell Provisional||$ 222||$ 222|
|Families-Parent||$ 92||$ 92|
|Families-Child under 11||$ 112||$ 112|
|Families-Child 11 and over||$ 128||$ 128|
|Families-Child 5 and under||Free||Free|