Are you looking for ideas on what your unit could be doing to make scouting better? The BSA has two podcasts for just that. Every month they put our fun and helpful ideas that can help your unit out.
The CubCast is for leaders and parents of Cub Scouts grades K – 5.
- September 2019: New Preview Adventures Begin! You may remember a CubCast episode back in June about preview adventures. Well, those adventures are now up and running. Lisa Wylie, chair of the National Cub Scout Committee, returns to CubCast to tell us how it’s going, where you can find these adventures, and how you can leave feedback as you engage in these adventures.
- August 2019: Recruitment doesn’t just mean new scouts but also new parents. A Parent Orientation is a great way to help new parents out and get everyone on the same page.
- July 2019: It’s important to Welcome new families to help with any anxiety they may have so let’s discuss ways to make them feel comfortable.
- June 2019: What is Preview Adventures? Come listen as LIsa Wylie of the National Cub Scouting Committee tells us.
ScoutCast is here to talk about what’s going on and share ideas for ScoutsBSA units.
September 2019: Parent Orientation Hopefully your recruiting efforts are bringing lots of new members into your troops. But welcoming new members also means welcoming new parents, and you need to let those new to the program know what’s expected of both the Scout and the parent. Ah, yes! Parent orientation. Let’s find out what that entails with Julie Bucciarelli, the founding Scoutmaster for Troop 2119, an all-girl troop in Bartlett, Illinois.
- August 2019: Recruiting new scouts can be done many different ways. Peer to Peer recruiting is a great idea to help your units plans.
- July 2019: What is a “Linked Troop?” Don’t feel bad if you don’t know, instead listen to find out more.
- June 2019: This month the discussion is about how and where your unit stores it gear and how to keep it safe and sound.