Log on below to begin your unit’s online charter.
Charter Renewal Fees and Unit Liability Insurance
The Sequoia Council is excited to offer Internet Rechartering as well as Paper Rechartering to your unit. Internet Rechartering is a web-based application that lets you process your charter renewal paperwork online! With Internet Rechartering, you can indicate returning members, add new members, and update information for an individual or the chartered organization yourself-which ensures that it will be correct and you can do it from your home or office anytime that it’s convenient for you.
Paper Rechartering is the traditional process which uses the printed roster in your charter renewal packet. The Paper Rechartering process is very simple and is meant for those individuals who may not be as comfortable with the computer. With this process all data entry is done by council staff.
Get Ready for Rechartering
- Assign someone in your unit to be in charge of Rechartering. This person is called the “Recharter Processor.” It is not necessary for this person to have rechartering expertise, but it is helpful.
- If you use Troopmaster or Packmaster your Recharter Processor will work closely with this person to make sure that both systems reflect accurate information.
- Pick up your Charter Renewal Packet â€“ they will be available at upcoming Roundtables.
- Visit the online tutorial to become familiar with the overall process for Internet Recharter.
- Review the information under the Help section including overview, step by step procedures and tips for using Internet Rechartering.
- Make sure your roster is as up to date as possible.
- Gather completed adult applications for all adults that you will add to your unit during the Rechartering process.
- Gather completed youth applications for all scouts that you will add to your unit during the Rechartering process.
To Renew your Charter Online
- As early as November 1st, the renewal processor clicks Recharter Now above and begins the process, using the access code provided in the charter renewal packet.
- When the online process is completed, the renewal processor prints the completed charter renewal application.
- The unit leader and the chartered organization representative sign the charter renewal application. Bring the application along with the material you received in your recharter packet, any new Adult and / or Youth applications and all appropriate fees to one of our Service Centers.
To Renew your Charter by Paper
- Review the printed roster in your charter renewal packet, making all necessary changes.
- Have the unit leader & chartered organization representative sign the charter renewal roster.
- Bring the charter renewal roster, any new Adult and / or Youth applications and all appropriate fees to one of our Scout Service Centers.
Where to Go for Help
Your Unit Commissioner should be your first resource, and if additional help is needed, see your District Executive. You can contact your District Executive at the following service centers:
Fresno Service Center at (559) 320-2100
Visalia Service Center at (559) 732-3424
You can also contact the Council Registrar at email@example.com.