Mid Sale Rally |
New Flavors |
"So What do I do to Succeed?" Follow the Unit Action
- Develop your on line playbook at
- Commit to sell popcorn by June 30th with correct unit kernel
- Commit to conducting a unit popcorn kick-off. Set kick-off date
and provide the date to the Sequoia Council.
- Attend 1 of 6 Sequoia Council Popcorn Extravaganzas. Popcorn
kernel must attend. Date: August 11th Locations: will be e-mailed to
- Conduct a fun popcorn kick-off.
- Communicate and motivate your families throughout the popcorn
- Place all popcorn and prize orders on time.
- Pay on time – make the deadline.
Setting a Unit Goal: Key steps in the Goal Setting process include:
- An Annual Plan—developed from the Scouts’ and parents’
perspective with input from the leaders. Each den should develop its
annual plan in addition to the unit, district, and Sequoia Council
- A Program Budget—all inclusive with costs established for all
planned activities, summer camp, registration, insurance, uniform,
advancements, Boys’ Life, etc. The budget should be set to
have no out-of-pocket expenses for parents and no general line items
that can not be broken down on a per Scout basis.
- A Per Scout Sales Goal—based on the established annual plan and
budget that a Scout family must reach to have their entire program
paid for with no out-of-pocket expenses. A comprehensive
communication plan to the parents and Scouts outlines the entire
program year in a menu format that highlights the activities the
parents and Scouts have planned for their year. This plan will also
lay out the clear expectations of parental involvement in the
various aspects of the program which will include the need for
leaders, committee members, and activity help.
- Raising the Money Needed to Fund and Execute your
Program—Funding their entire program year through the sale of
popcorn in the beginning of their program year (August/September
time frame). The goal is to raise ALL of the money needed in the